Tuesday, February 6, 2007

3 projects and counting

Ok, here's the deal: I've currently got 3 projects going on.

I'm still designing the Oblivion Mod. That's going quite well at the moment - only one more main character worth of dialogue, then finishing the maps and putting together the flowchart. That should be about it. I'll post more when it's done. If someone out there wants to actually build the thing, drop me a line.

Project 2 is what I like to call "Evil Katamari Damacy." I always felt that it was kind of cruel the way you just swept up cute animals, children, and whole cities in that game, so I'm working on an asteroid version of that, except you're supposed to feel pretty bad about consuming planets full of people. Also it has the space thing going for it, so that's a plus. Everyone loves space. Hopefully this guy I know from college will be interested in helping build it. It's 3D and a largely gravity-based game, so I could definitely use some help.

Third is the webgame. If www.infowars.com wasn't already taken, I'd probably be calling it that, so instead I'm calling it Darknet. It's effectively a cross between the topic of Uplink with the web-based gameplay of Kingdom of Loathing. Do yourself a favor, and play both of these - there's a free demo for the former, and the latter is super free. They're models of their genres. (Not at all cheapened by the fact that they may be the only games in their genres.) This one I'm hoping to convince a former co-worker to help me design and build. I think the premise has potential, but it might get... complicated... along the way. I'll definitely need to make some math.

Oh yeah, and I'm doing some editing work for a friend's database of stuff. But that's a side-side project, so it doesn't count. :)

-s

No comments: