Monday, April 21, 2008

IndieCade Submission Update (0.Red.Purple)

We have until April 30th to make changes, but I think we're done at this point. The game has a few changes:

  1. Countdown Timer replaced with Count-up Flask. We didn't want to make a bigger clock, and people have been complaining about the clock since the beginning.
    1. On the dark side, the flask is a mixed metaphor.
    2. On the bright side, it no longer seems like you're running out of time.
    3. Also good, the fill-mechanic has removed the 5-second period of celebration when you can't lose as the timer runs out - you actually have to play until the flask fills up.
  2. Point numbers now pop up when you make matches, so you can see how your powerup status changes points earned, as well as how larger matches give more points.
  3. ACHIEVEMENTS. Woo. Try and collect 'em all! It's easier than collecting all the points, at least. Some are obvious, some are secrets, some are inside jokes. Lots of possibility with achievements. We hope you like them.
  4. Some miscellaneous UI and content tweaks. Nothing major.
Aaand... that's about it. Hope you guys like it.

-s

1 comment:

Bernhard Schulenburg said...

Aha! I found somebody I compete with for IndieCade 2008. Finally!

It is very interesting to see what others came up with for IndieCade. (Let me know if you heard of other submissions, by the way.)

I really enjoyed playing ColorDots, even though it is a game about something I usually don't enjoy: Cleaning up..

Order and chaos. A cool game. You could give that game another "skin" too. Like, instead of dots you could use fluids running into each other and let them react. (maybe for different levels..)

At first I had problems with navigating the dots. But hey, I used a touch pad. Maybe a mouse works better for the game.

"ColorDots are Win!" :D

Allow me to point out my development blog to you:
Where-is-my-Heart?-Game