Thursday, January 3, 2008

Metroid Prime 3 = Rockin'

I have a review for Metroid Prime 2 in my "incomplete posts" file here. I felt so bad about all the awful things I wanted to say about it. Metroid Prime was soo good. Sooo, even, maybe.

But MP2 was a pile of crap, breaking all the good things in its predecessor with poor poor design choices. Anyway, those days are gone now, because Metroid Prime 3 has come out, and everything is better.

It is great in all the ways that the first was great, it is great in all the ways that the second was bad, heck, it's great in all the ways Halo 3 was bad. It even made me feel better about my Wii purchase, which had not been touched since my grandmother beat me at Wii bowling. Luckily, this one makes her a little motion-sick. Thanks MP3!

Best of all, MP3 starts neat and gets neater all the way through. So, it gets a 5.5 out of 5 on the official Neat-o-Meter. (The extra one is for pretty much picking up where the first game left off. It's as if #2 never even happened! Sorta like Lord of the Rings! Whee!!!)

-s

No comments: